I've been writing my 2021 goals. I have a document I add to over the year and modify as I go. It identifies key areas I want to work on and both big and small objectives.
These can be in various areas and discipline:
- Creative (other creative)
Also, I don't relegate adding or modifying this document to New Years. I don't "believe" in resolutions, per se. I can establish new goals at any point.
But I try to take a few minutes at the end of a year to assess the big objectives for the following year.
I just uploaded a YouTube video that outlines my major objectives. It is embedded below.
The objectives in the video (and their timestamps) are:
- 01:16 Two (2) songs per month
- 03:30 Produce songs for my daughter
- 03:54 Work on placements (TV, film, and other artists)
- 04:16 Improve my mixes
- 05:05 Improve my lead guitar
- 06:40 Write/Produce orchestral pieces
- 07:37 Build a more complete studio
- 08:05 Grow my following
- 08:58 OVERCOME INSECURITIES (imposter's syndrome)
- 13:10 Expose myself more (expose music - don't get any funny ideas)
- 14:05 ENJOY THE PROCESS!
I emphasize overcoming insecurities since several friends and fellow musicians are most surprised by this one.
Watch the video. I would love it if you commented - let me know what your plans for 2021 are - whether musical or some other endeavor.
Thanks and take care.